Whether buying your first home, trading up or down, or looking to expand your buy-to-let portfolio, buying or selling a home can be a very stressful experience and it can often seem uncertain, complex and confusing.
At Merryweather Williams, we understand the importance of dedicated professional advice during one of the most important stages of your life and we will guide you through the process step-by-step in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
We also have long established links with a number of local professionals, including estate agents, mortgage advisers and chartered surveyors, which allows us to provide you with a thorough and complete service.
When buying a property, we can assist you with:
- Instigating local authority and other searches
- Organising and reviewing a surveyor’s report if required
- Reviewing and explaining your mortgage offer
- Reviewing all contract papers, raising enquiries and reporting to and advising you
- Arranging exchange of contracts
- Preparing the transfer and related documents, completing the transaction, and submitting the Stamp Duty Land Tax return
- Registering the title and processing the title deeds
When selling a property, we can assist you with:
- Obtaining an Energy Performance Certificate
- Obtaining the deeds from your mortgage lender or previous conveyancers
- Preparing the draft contract and any other information to be supplied for the buyer’s conveyancers
- Dealing with any enquiries raised and ultimately arranging for exchange of contracts
- Approving the transfer document and dealing with all completion formalities including redeeming any mortgage and transferring the proceeds of sale
If you are interested in making an appointment or would like to speak to someone for further assistance, please contact us on 01278 780151 or alternatively you can send us a message now.
Please click on the image below and the factsheet will be downloaded for you.